8.04.2006

Heeeeeeey

So I decided to do a blog that isn't art-related... no haikus, no paintings, just me talking about whatever.

I've been reading alot recently about the whole 2012 'world-changes'. Most of the 2012 predictions are based off the fact that the Mayan calender ends on Dec. 21, 2012. Without getting too deep into to it, the Mayans were very advanced involving astronomy and time predictions. They had multiple calenders and their main calender supposedly ran in multiple cycles, each cycle lasting 13,000 years. It's interesting stuff.

Now there's also a whole mess of psychics, mediums, etc. that all believe 2012 is going to bring about great change. Yet, no one can seem to agree on what kind of change it is. I've read articles on people thinking that it could be catastropic world change like a meteor/comet striking the planet, nasty climate changes, a pole shift, global war, or even alien invasion. There has also been articles about less-violent changes like a sudden huge jump in human evolution, the world shifting into fourth dimension/density, or friendly alien contact.

Do I believe in this?? Not really sure. Do I hope something will happen? Absolutely. The world needs a wake up call. Something big, something to make people forget their differences. Global warming is defiantely happening, war and hate seem to be in a continuous cycle and I think the only way to break the cycle is for some huge, civilization altering event to happen.

2012... I'm waiting for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger realityCheck21 said...

I think there are many significant events happening that could very well suggest that 2012 will be a year to remember (that is, if we're all here after the fact to remember it). I could start a list, but I don't want this to be a marathon response.

There are days when I wonder if time, as we perceive it, really is going faster because of some cosmic event that is affecting the natural cycles that we depend upon to keep track of "time". Most will say it's just because our lives are busier than before, and perhaps that's just all it is. But one does have to wonder, given all the properties of physics that we're not aware of and can't comprehend.

9:36 AM  
Blogger realityCheck21 said...

BTW, I forgot to mention, you chose an interesting title for this first entry. It definitely lends a "this-is-what-I-thought-of-when-I-fell-out-of-bed-this-morning" kind of feel to it.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

The world needs a wake up call. It's funny you bring this up. I just purchased V for Vendetta and the movies subject matter revolves around this wake up call theory. I think if a republican (or man with the same agenda as Bush) gets into power again the coastal states should succeed from the rest of the country in order to get free from the judicial tyranny we are currently facing in America. We need a scientific mind running the government right now. Global warming is an issue that I do not think will ever be delt with in a proper fashion. I already think were to late to sae the ozone layer. This is based on the last few days of our east coast heatwave.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

realitycheck21 -
It's interesting that you mention the 'time speeding up' theory, considering that's another of the main theories about 2012. Basically it says time is speeding up and at 2012 it will reach a point where time basically stops existing. It's a hard concept to wrap my brain around.

reverse -
Hell yeah! Another liar takes office and I say it's time for a revolution.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home