8.09.2006

Dream Episode 1 - Aliens and Giant Crabs

Every so often I tend to have off-the-wall odd dreams. I think whenever I have these dreams, I'll document them here in my OHCF blog. Maybe it'll be good therapy for whatever my dream's trying to tell me. Or maybe they're just really neat short movies that play in my mind as entertainment to myself as I rest. Whatever the reason... enjoy!

<-- Begin Dream Story -->
It begins where myself, Brian, and a third person (I'm not quite sure who, but I think it was Reverse) are standing in a basement. I believe the basement was of Brian's house, but then it seemed alot larger than his basement. It did have some of the same decorations... and a gazillion remote control devices.

Anyway, we three are all armed with shotguns, and there are aliens surrounding us. The aliens are very strange looking - they have very short bodies (about 2 feet tall) with long stalk like necks that reach up just below the ceiling and on the top of that stalk-neck is one large red eye. These things have a dark greenish appearance and short arms and legs - very squat, except for the necks. They were trying to get to us and we kept trying to shoot them, but they weren't dying until one of us shot one in the eye.

Brian and the third person made a dash for the stairs while I cleaned up on the aliens - eventually I came up the stairs but the door was locked. At the bottom of the stairs was a giant crab (about 5 feet wide) - looked like a cross between a blue crab and a mud crab. It slowly started ascending the stairs, snapping it's claws menacingly at me (I don't know how a 5 foot wide crab can fit up a 3 foot wide stairway... but it could! It was bending the laws of physics!).

At this point, I'm frantically banging on the door screaming for those guys to let me in - there was a giant crab coming and I was terrified it was going to eat me in revenge for all it's cousins that I have eaten! Finally, as it got within reach of me, I attempted to kick with my left foot with as much force as I could muster...

At this point, I woke up from a very loud thud, and terrible pain in my left foot.
Yes. You guessed it. As I went to kick the crab in my dream, I actually kicked from my bed straight into the wall. And it friggin hurt. Alot. I have a bruise on the top of my foot. (Luckily, I kicked with my foot outstretched - if it had been normal, I probably would have broken some toes).
<-- End Dream Story -->

So what's the moral of the story??
Don't eat Tostitos and salsa con queso near to bedtime.

7 Comments:

Blogger realityCheck21 said...

I must concur. Spicy food before bed equals weird dreams. I punched my headboard one time - that hurt too.

The weirdest thing I've done as a result of a dream was lean over the bed and start rummaging through the stuff under the bed. I was dreaming that there were rats running around under the bed. My wife woke up and asked me what I was doing. I said "I'm trying to kill the rats under the bed." She started cracking up and told me to go back to sleep. It wasn't till then that I actually opened my eyes and realized I was dreaming.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Ink... I'd like to think that your dream would have had a happy ending if it had continued.

8:21 AM  
Blogger -B- said...

Yeah, the happy ending would be all three of us sitting around the table with some Jersey corn and one HUGE steamed crab and some old bay!!!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Los said...

I've had many dreams and nightmares in my day - I used to be a sleepwalker at one point.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Los said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Los said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home