9.26.2006

The fear in its eyes

As I was driving into work on 413, I round the bend before the bridge and there's 2 police vehicles with their lights on. In the headlights if on of the cars is a larger deer. A buck to be exact. It's lying down with it's head lifted and it's hind legs were bent outward to the right of it's body... undoubtedly broken. This deer was staring at the headlights of the cop car, you could see the fear in its eyes. Its mouth was open too.. either panting or bleating in fear, I had my radio on as I went by, so I didn't hear it.

That poor creature, you know it will be mercy-killed. My heart goes out to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

Oh Deer! That Bucking sucks!

9:03 AM  
Blogger -B- said...

I cracked two so far in my travels.
One was dead instantly, as my front-left quarter-panel pierces it's head. No suffering.

The other ran into my car as I passed by and hit it's head against my back bumper which was sticking out the side. A cop saw it happen and made sure I was alright, then said I can go home. I waited for a bit as the cop drove back to the deer... but just sat there with the deer. I eventually left.. I guess she was waiting to finish the deer, I don't know.
I'd like to forget about those accidents.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home