8.20.2006

Jellyfish of DOOM!

There are... monsters... in the deep.
Creatures of immense strangeness that baffle the mind and fuel the imagination. Kraken, the giant squid. The Loch Ness monster. The narwhale (not really a monster, but strange nonetheless). The coelacanth, thought extinct for thousands of years... until one was caught off the coast of southern Africa.

Now, let me introduce to you to my monster. (Get your collective heads out of the gutter) I give to you, photographic proof of a monster that exists in the canals of Rehoboth Bay, DE. A creature of fierce girth (kinda like Los)... freakish appearance (kinda like Los again!)... and terrible jelliness.

I have named him JELLASAUR:

Yes,
this foul denizen of the deep is a real jellyfish photographed off of the dock of my parents house about 2 months ago. (Why 2 months to post this?? A - I didn't have this blog then and B - I forgot I had the picture)

This thing of terrible form was/is? bigger than my head... about 12 inches from side to side and around 18 from top to bottom... and slimy.

And to think... it could be out there right now... waiting to feed upon your tasty land-lubbing flesh! JELLASAUR the MONSTROUS!

So run and hide in fear vertebrate mortals of the earth! The shadows of the black and engulfing seas have a new monster waiting to feed on your brain liquids. Run. Hide.

4 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

Geez, if you bottled that, you'd have enough jelly to make 100 PBJ's!!!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Jellasaur would make a nice soup.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

You don't eat Jellasaur.
Jellasaur eats you.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

Bah... I eat the Jellasaur.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home