5.28.2009

The Dream Cycle, 2009.6

Boa Constrictors and Flamethrowers
I was in a large house with a few other people. I feel it was part of a military unit, but I'm not quite sure. Someone gave me a flamethrower (score!) to use in battle. It turns out that the house was invaded by a huge boa constrictor and that we had to take it out.

We started out in the basement (I don't know how we got there) and began moving towards the stairs up. At the bottom of the stairs was a 4 foot by 3 foot platform. This platform was covered by scarab beetles. The sarge (looked like he was from WW2) told me to light those buggers up. So I did. It was kind of odd though, when I attacked with the flamethrower, the flames shot out in a 'square cone' if that makes any sense. I commenced with incinerating those Egyptian beetles. For some odd reason, the house didn't catch fire.

So the unit makes it's way up the stairs. We get into the living room area and a guy in the unit called 'Windows' (he was wearing glasses) tells everyone to hold and listen. We hear a faint hissing and know the boa is near. We're holding still waiting and watching, but the python is not moving either. It lasted like that for what felt an hour....

then I woke up.

I'm pretty sure I know where the different elements of the dream come from this time. The snake theme comes from watching 'Life After People' - the episode was talking about boas becoming the dominant predator in florida swamps. Flamethrowers? Ok I got nothing. 'Windows' was a character in the movie 'The Thing' which I watched again (for the 50 millionth time - love that movie!) over the weekend. The scarab beetles are probably inspired by some stories from Egyptian mythology that I was reading yesterday. And the whole WW2 unit... well I play alot of WW2 games like Call of Duty: World at War.

3 Comments:

Blogger -B- said...

Did you ever try to continue a dream the next night? I want to hear about the battle with the Boa!!!!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Ken said...

'Life After People' theme, I watched that episode and disagree with the Bowa's taking over, no reason for the disagreement. The Thing was and is still scary as hell.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Los said...

I like positive shows ... that's why I can't bring myself to watch Life After People.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home