7.16.2009

Three Methods To My Madness

I haven't written in a while. So here's something for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.

What are three things we would love to know about you!

1 - I freaking love art. Traditional, digital, oils, watercolor, 2D, 3D, photography, acting, music, etc. My main focus is ink and wash painting based upon Chinese and Japanese traditions. And my blog name is from the style - Ink and Stone also known as Sumi and Suzuri. I messed with oils years ago, used to paint scenes out of a magazine called Realm. It's a travel magazine that deals with Britain and has some of the most beautiful scenery photos I've ever scene. Excellent photographers there. Of course, there's music too... I've composed and produced electronic and traditional-based music through a few different genres. I did that more as a form of personal therapy than anything else. While I haven't composed anything in a long time, I still contemplate it. I can hear the midi-controller, stratocaster, samplers, and synthesizers all calling me. :) Acting? Well, ok, role-playing games really. It's a form of acting and provides a brief respite from the doldrums of reality. But true acting? No thank you - I'm not comfortable in front of crowds, I prefer not to be the center of attention.

2 - I think I found my philosophy in Taoism. Just kind of a 'go with the flow' mentality. Avoid conflict and don't look for conflict. Ignore the extreme highs and crushing lows, just be content with existence. Respect Nature and respect each other. Distance from those who only want trouble. Improve oneself. (I'm not a Taoist, just someone who's learning it.)

3 - I sing my ass off in my car when I'm alone driving where ever. Put on a good song, press that accelerator down and go! Considering I like aggressive music, sometimes I wind up hurting my throat. :) And if it's an instrumental - I'll still sing it, 'choraling' so-to-speak with the harmony of the song.

So there's three methods to my madness.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

I think I sound best when I sing in the shower ... weird.

I like to act ... I'm a goofball.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home