10.26.2006

Faith, Symbolism, and Thyroids

I read. I read alot. Recently I read an article about the Holy Grail isn't actually the 'cup of Christ' but a metaphor. A metaphor for the bloodline or lineage of Christ. It's interesting stuff. It goes on to say that Christ, at one point in his life, married Mary Magdalene and had children with her. And she eventually moved to France with her kiddies and the lineage survives to this day. (I think that's what the Da Vinci Code book/movie is about, but I haven't read or seen either) Definately interesting stuff.

On a slightly related and slightly different note, I constantly examine my faith towards the spiritual. I used to think I was faithless, that I lacked belief. But I've come to the conclusion that I do believe in an afterlife, and I do believe in a 'god' per se, just not one that the major or minor religions subscribe to. There's too many discrepencies and hypocracies in current religions to pay them much heed. I don't think it's due to the religion itself, but more due to the interpretations of the religion and the subsequent altering of moral principals through the ages by people who seek power and control over others. For instance, how can a god that preaches love - 'love yourself, and love others' also preach 'love me or burn'? That's domination, and a form of hypocrisy - to tell others to love everything than not practice that love yourself. After all, if you truly love everything - then you love them even if they make a different choice than you. If a god can't practice it's own preaching, it's not worth following.

On an even deeper note, God is limitless, Knowledge is limitless, therefore God equals Knowledge and since we have the the capacity to learn all Knowledge, wouldn't that make us a facet of God?

Now for something a bit more mundane...
My Pop met with his doc to find out more about this thyroid problem he's having. It seems the thyroid in his neck is enlarged and sitting lower in his neck than normal, much lower. So low that part of the enlarged thyroid is inching into his chest, coming near his aorta and it's also displacing his trachea. So it's surgery, which isn't a really big deal, thyroid surgery is relatively simple barring complications. The problem is that since his thyroid is going into his chest, the docs are worried there could be complications. Here's to hoping for the best when it finally gets done. Also, the doc said there's a problem with his pitutary gland - it regulates the thyroid growth - and that's why the thyroid didn't stop growing/became enlarged. It's also a heriditary thing - so I'll be getting the blood tests done in December to make sure my thyroid is in working order. Oh joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

Yup - that's basically the entire "theory" of the Davinci Code, and that some groups are out to kill the decendents to end the bloodline.

I'll make sure to say a prayer for your father - he sounds like a strong man (even though he named you after him :]).

9:27 AM  
Blogger -B- said...

Big ups to your Pop, man. I still think about mine every day. And that's good you are getting your tests done right away. Things will work out.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home