2.17.2007

Condemned... for a day?

So Friday afternoon I drive home from work, getting to my apartment at about 4:30 or so. As I pull into the parking lot, near my building I notice police cars, plumbing and heating vans, a back-hoe, and a Bristol Boro town car. Thinking they were fixing whatever was wrong with the heat, I think nothing of it and go walking towards my building.

I see magenta signs on all of the entrances to the A and B buildings. Condemned, they say. Unfit for human habitation and all that. I start to go in the building just as some people are coming out. They bar me entry - telling me there is a gas leak and that the two buildings are evacuated. I con't even go in to get a change of clothes or my medicine.

I find out from these guys that I 'should' be able to come back Saturday after 3. Also, that my landlord payed for rooms at the local Days Inn for all of us who were displaced.

So here I am at work on a Saturday counting the hours waiting to be able to go back in my place. This sucks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

Sounds like a really nice apartment complex.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

Seriously. :/

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home