2.16.2007

The Dream Cycle, 2007.3

Finally remembering some of my dreams after a small hiatus. These are bits and pieces from dreams - I can't remember the full dream.

Sluicing for Treasure
From Dictionary.com, a definition of sluicing: 7. Also called sluice box. Mining. a long, sloping trough or the like, with grooves on the bottom, into which water is directed to separate gold from gravel or sand.

I dreamt I was sluicing in some mountainous area with a few other people. I discovered some gems, in different colors of brown, green, and blue. When I asked the master sluicer/miner who was helping us mine, he told me they were nothing important and handed them back to me. I think they are important, I found them after all!


The Hellhounds of Ocean City, MD
This is actually a re-occuring old dream I had in my early teens. I remembered it recently from seeing the previews of the movie '300'. In the one scene in the preview, it shows a person being stalked by a large dog (wolf?) with glowing eyes. In my dream, the hellhounds looked very similar to this except that they had flames trailing out from their mouths. (Not breathing fire, mind you, it just licked up out of their mouths - like their insides were on fire. Anyway, to the dream:

I'm in Ocean City, MD and the city is dark and desolate. There are parts of bodies everywhere and I know that these poor people were killed and devoured by the hellhounds. I hear an eerie baying and go running down Coastal Highway and jump into a side street near 23rd street. I think that these creatures are hunting me now, so I decide to go to my parent's old place on 20th street and the boardwalk.
I make it, go climbing up the stairs (the apt is on the 2nd floor), go inside and lock the door. About five or so minutes after I go in, the wooden stairs leading up to the place collapse. Now I'm trapped inside.

Again, I hear the baying and I look out a window at the street below, there's about a dozen or so hellhounds pacing around the area. Suddenly there is a loud thump at the front door, so I go looking out a window of a room next to the entrance and see that the hounds are jumping from the ground to the second floor. They're trying to bash their way inside.

One eventually busts through a window, and sprawls on the floor. Everything then starts moving in slow motion. The hound stands up slowly and turns it head to stare at me as I cower in a corner. I bares it's teeth and starts walking then running at me... it jumps at me, and I remember seeing fire and teeth about a foot away from my face. This is where I always woke up in the dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

Ink, your dreams should be on the big screen.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home