12.27.2006

The Dream Cycle, 2006.11

How the Old West was won.

I find myself in an Old Western style town. The stereotypical town - dusty with a few trees and a few cacti around. Lots of buildings, a General Store and Trader, Exchanger, Sheriff and Jail, a few Saloons, Hotels, some houses, and a Town Hall to name a few of the buildings. I believe it was a mining town since there was an Exchanger in the group (where a miner takes there findings to trade for cash).

Well, I'm in this town and the town's been having trouble with outlaws who every so often come in and raid the town. We decide to fight the outlaws the next time they come, but the townsfolk are very very afraid of these highwaymen. We get word that the outlaws are on there way into town from the south, and I go racing to my hotel room to get my shotgun and rifle. Alot of the folk are hiding, but there's enough folk taking position around town to defend when the bastards arrive.

I start running around town looking for a good place to set up a "sniper's nest"
so I can pick off some of the outlaws before they get to the town limits. I remember seeing a large wooden box suspended on wooden tressles and the box has a gold-hinged trapdoor at the bottom. I thought to myself that would be an excellent place to set up a nest, but my head would never fit through the ttrapdoor!!! It was a very small trapdoor.

I decide to take a position on the roof of one of the taller buildings. All set up, I see the highwaymen coming over a hill at the outskirts of town, I begin to open fire and...

I wake up.

3 Comments:

Blogger -B- said...

Awww man!!! YOu need to continue that dream tonight!! I have to find out what happens in the battle!!! Ain't that some sh*t how you always wake up at the worst time from a great dream!!! Crapola. Let us know if there's a sequel!!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not that the trap door is small, it's that you have a big frickin' head with lots of rocks in it.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

Hey! My head is small!

(That's what she said!)

Awwwwwwww.....

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home