12.15.2006

The Dream Cycle, 2006.10

Open House and the Officer

So in this dream, I was at a friend's open house back in my old neighborhood in Baltimore. I guess they were trying to sell the house - hence the open house. So I'm walking around and for some reason I'm carrying a shovel with me. Mind you, it was one of those small three-foot shovels, and people get uneasy whenever I walk near them. Heh. Eventually, the owner of the house (looked like that gray-haired idiot from american idol) approaches me with an officer of the law.

The officer asks me what I'm doing here and that I have to leave because I'm harrassing the people. Oh, and the entire time I'm talking to this pig, he's got a smug almost condescending look on his face... you know, the kind of look that makes you want to tear a persons face off - that look that says 'I'm better than you'. I tell the officer it's an open house event and I was checking out the house. Plus, I tell him I'm doing nothing to the people, not even talking to them, so how could I be harrassing them? He says I'm being stubborn and that he's an officer to the law, and I better listen to him. I ask him who's harassing who now?

At this point he asks me about the shovel, this is where it gets cryptic. I mentioned to him it was for digging holes in the ground and then burying lost dreams, causes, or something like that. Of course, it's probably the most important part of the dream and I don't remember it clearly!

And that's all I remember.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no purple pancakes or levitation? I feel ripped off, dammit!!!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

To borrow one of your lines:
They're not all gems, Los!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home