2.19.2007

Condemned, pt. 2

So after working for quite a few hours on Saturday, I go riding home around 3:30 pm or so. Nope, still can't get in... they're still working away. So I go hang out at the local Wal-Mart for the next two hours (I felt like such a vagrant). Around 5:30 pm, I try heading back to the complex again... Yay! Signs removed, happiness ensues. I have heat and hot water now.... and when I say hot water, I mean burn your face off - be careful how you turn it, it'll cook you like a crab. So, I'm back in my apt. and everything is hunky freakin' dory.

For a little while there, I knew what a person who loses their house felt like. It's a very desperate feeling, especially to those of us who need our own space to recharge after a long day of dealing with people. My sympathy to all of you who have ever experienced this.

Mmmmm... crabs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

At least it was temporary ... can you imagine what some of those people in New Orleans are still going through today?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

At least you made a few extra bucks at work this week.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home