7.23.2009

Writer's Workshop: Giddiness

Ok, I'm tagging the 'giddiness' prompt of Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop today. It got my brain juices flowing. :)

What are you giddy about?

I'm giddy about the new show "Warehouse 13" on the Sci-Fi channel. It's about two top FBI agents who get drafted into a secret program that has them scouring the country for artifacts that mess with peoples lives. So far there has been mind-control through eclectic music, subconscious release of desires via a psycho-analysts mojo-infused chair, bleeding stone idols that make person murderers, and a renaissance comb created by alchemy that contains the 'spirit' of a hateful woman in the mix. The actors and actresses have a great sense of chemistry and humor that makes for a fun presentation to the story. The warehouse itself is remniscent of the warehouse at the end of the Indiana Jones Raiders movie. It's full of artifacts that are still very active.

I'm NOT giddy that the Sci-Fi channel changed their name/logo to Syfy. Lame.

I'm giddy that my skill in brush-painting is improving. I'm incorporating scenes into my knowledge beside stand-alone studies. I'm also getting a better feel for using color in my paintings (I prefer using ink and wash (black, grey, and white) but I don't want to limit myself). And I'm sloooooooowly getting better with blending colors and shades of gray in the wet-on-wet technique. Maybe I should take a straight watercolor class (Western/modern-style) to get a bit more tutelage on that aspect of the art?

I'm giddy from the coffee I'm drinking. It's Irish Cream flavored. Tasty.

I'm giddy that every day passing is a day closer to no more college. So. Sick. Of. School.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Yes I am also excited about some new shows starting. Good for the coffee you are drinking very good. Stopping in from Writers Workshop

11:36 AM  
Blogger Los said...

I was giddy when grad school classes were over ... I don't know how I ever had time for it.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

I would have been done the classes a year ago easily if work didn't have a limit on tuition reimbursement per year. Started in 2006... finish in 2010. Makes my mouth want to reach around to the back of my head and eat my brain.

3:41 PM  
Blogger KatBouska said...

Yeah coffee will definitely make you giddy.

And no more college is right! Ugh. I remember those days!!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home