10.29.2008

Why do I write?

More writer's workshop for Mama's Losin' It. I particularly like the choice of prompts this time around. Enjoy!

So why do I write?

It's an expression for my demensia, a catharsis for my inner demons. This word-smithing is a way to craft stories and tales from the multiple twisting tracks that run rampant through my mind.

Hopes and dreams and disappointments and angers. All archetypes of the emotional construct and all want their words to be heard first. It's to share knowledges and experiences, viewpoints and opinions on the world-at-large and the world-at-small. This microcosm tries to make sense of the macrocosm while not necessarily trying to reflect the chaotic turbulence that I seem to always witness. As above, so below... I think not.

It's a way to sort through the memories and the experiences to try to reach an understanding of position in this life and in this world. That ever-present search for purpose and peace that haunts me like a baobhan sidhe hunting in the evening hours.

And of course it's to record my sleeping dreams. Because my sleeping dreams can get freaking weird.

Yay for run-on sentences! ;-P

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

what would life be like without run-ons...i'm all for them. :-)

thanks for sharing...i write for many of those same reasons. :-)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Man on Man do you know a lot of $10 words!

I needed a dictionary for lots of them!

Very nice!

I should post my dreams too.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love the post! I also write down my freaky dreams!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Sam_I_am said...

kudos on the sleep record. I always try to do that, but I never have time in the AM and I forget them by the time I get to work.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Sometimes Sophia said...

What about the waking dreams? Don't forget them... or the bloggy comraderie.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Momma Trish said...

I like recording my dreams too. Sometimes, they are really worth remembering and reflecting on later. :)

6:49 PM  
Blogger KatBouska said...

It's a miracle if I can even sneak a dream in these days. I'm glad you write...you give the rest of us something to think about.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Los said...

Wow ... and I wrote about my high school life and how much of a pervert I was ... sheesh!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home